Thursday 27 July 2017

KBPS Interview:

19 year old Alexx has released her brand new single “Persuade Ya”, an upbeat infusion of pop r&b dance and latino that’s set to be the ultimate summer tune!

Originally from Crawley, West Sussex, Alexx showed passion for music from a the age of 4 and started song writing when she was 11.   The singer’s inspirations include artists such as Rihanna, Beyonce, Ariana Grande, as well as Craig David and old school legends Michael Jackson and Frank Sinattra!   

We spoke to Alexx about her new track and began by asking her about it.



Your new single is called ‘Persuade Ya’. How would you describe it?
It’s a cross between two different cultures. It’s reggae underlying and then on the top it’s got a really cool latin vibe. It’s really dance-y, but it’s also about this girl who’s in a club and it’s getting late, and this guy is persuading her to stay, [with] the chorus being from the perspective of the guy, which I think is quite cool. She’s having this internal battle – do I go? I need to go – but [she] really likes this guy, so should she stay?

Was that choice of genre down to you liking them or because it fitted with the song?
I went to do that with the music. I love those genres anyway to listen to, and so that was the direction I chose to take the song in because it really fitted into that genre, which was really quite cool actually. It wasn’t my go-to but it was nice to incorporate those genres.

How does the sound compare to your previous singles – has it evolved?
Definitely! Those were my garage records that were still out, which are still quite popular underground on the garage scene, which is quite cool. I’ve still got my soulful undertones which I like to keep throughout my songs, but my writing style has definitely evolved.


You started writing songs at an early age; was it important to you to write as well as sing?
Definitely; I talk way too much! I’ve got way too many emotions to keep them inside. I’ve been writing since the age of eleven, and it was just a way for me to express myself and tell people how I’m feeling as I’m not good at doing that verbally. But [if I] put pen to paper and sing it I’m fine!

Is song-writing a creative release for you?
Definitely. I was asked recently [if I] write songs better when I’m happy or sad. It sounds bad but I’m way better at writing songs when I’m sad as my emotions are right there on the surface, [and] that makes it so much easier as an outlet for me to express myself, through song-writing.

Will we see any promo videos coming out for your song?
That would be really lovely! For now we’re just promoting it as a single [but] I’d love to make a video for it.

How is work going on your debut album?
We’ve got a whole load of songs; a massive selection. We did think about bringing out an EP but I thought, with all these songs, why restrict it to six songs on an EP when I could release all of them as an album? We’re just going to go back and do some final tweaking; I’m excited!

You are starting University in September; are you looking forward to that?
Yeah, I am, very much so. I’m off to University but I’m coming back down every fortnight to continue with my career and hopefully continue with interviews etc, regarding ‘Persuade Ya’ as well as introducing other songs!

Finally do you have any ambitions and plans for the next year?
Obviously I’d like to get to the top and get signed and live the celebrity lifestyle! Wouldn’t we all! Regarding my singing career and my future, I’m hopefully going to be bringing out my debut album later this year and sign up for some more interviews and performances, and then festivals for the next year, which I’m really looking forward to. I live for performing live!


Find out more about Alexx at https://www.alexxh.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment