Friday 13 May 2016

KBPS Interview: Matthew Logan Vasquez

Matthew Logan Vasquez is a rock and roll artist from Texas and we caught up with him as he finished the sound check at his latest gig in the UK to talk to him about his new single ‘I Bet It All’. A solo track that is influenced by various artists including the Beatles, Vasquez has also worked as part of groups Delta Spirit and Middle Brother, and we asked him what it was like going solo.



“The comparison would be that now I get to call all the shots and have all the fun!”
On his new EP, which is out now, Vasquez recorded all the music, a process he described as a “blast”.

“It shows what I can do in the studio and kind of finish the material where the band would usually take over, but now I have the ability and the desire to finish the ideas. I’m really happy with the result.”

Working with The Night Sweats at live gigs, Vasquez described his live sound “like one thousand naked virgins coming together for one magical moment for the first time. Everybody’s been waiting for it, and it has finally happened and it’s insane to watch. The people in the crowd weren’t expecting that many naked people in the positions they find themselves in!”

Matthew Logan Vasquez is now touring in the USA. “All my fans back in the US are really excited to have me back and I’m excited to get back and kick them in their teeth!”

Looking ahead for the rest of the year, what is Vasquez’s key ambition for 2016?

“I’m going to tackle world peace this year. It’s not easy finding a thousand virgins every night but I think we’re going to beat ISIS. Tonight might be the night. World peace is in hand!”  

This interview will feature in KBPS #9 available Saturday 14th May.

No comments:

Post a Comment