Tuesday 10 May 2016

KBPS Interview: Nzilani

Nzilani Francq is an exciting new 20-year-old singer who has released the incredible new single ‘Never Be’, and we got a chance to speak to the London-based singer about the record, which he describes as a song reacting to the artist she’s been compared to musically.

“I’d describe it as a coming together of an emotion that a lot of artists feel and that I went through. It was a great way of expressing that.”



Nzilani described the recording process as fantastic. “I came over to London in November. I basically spent a week in the studio recording and it was an amazing experience.”

Next week Nzilani is shooting the promotional video for the record but is keeping the promotional video under wraps for the moment. Looking ahead to the future, an album from Nzilani is already in the works.

“The album’s coming out in June, hopefully. Exciting stuff is definitely coming this year!”

Nzilani lived in Switzerland for eight years and has only just returned to the UK. “It’s very disorientating going from one country where you can travel for half an hour and be in a different city to one where you can do the same and be only five miles away!

“It’s very different but it’s nice to have a change of pace, to do something different once in a while, and keep things fresh.”

Later in the year Nzilani hopes you have some live gigs coming up though there’s nothing confirmed at the moment. “It sounds incredibly cheesy,” she said talking ambition further ambitions for 2016; “But anything I can do for my art, that helps that, is beneficial. For me that’s just up there. It’s everything I’ve wanted to do for a while!”


And alongside music there’s always a chance for her to expand into acting, having previously voiced a character in two episodes of Peppa Pig. “[It was] the character of Delphine Donkey,” she revealed. “Acting has always been a big love of mine. I’ve done musical theatre so I’ve been acting and singing since the age of four! It’s something in my blood that I love doing and am passionate about.”

No comments:

Post a Comment